Announcements: Parcka Parleys, Practical Dermatology for Primary Care CME Course, SBIRT
The public burden of substance use disorders is massive. While there are effective treatments available like Motivational Interviewing, training and quality monitoring rely on human evaluation of counselors, which is slow, and expensive. Thus the quality of treatment received by patients is mostly unknown. In this talk, we will describe a multidisciplinary research effort focused on developing tools that can automatically evaluate counselor use of evidence based practices.
- February 19, 2019
- Third Tuesday of each month
- Lunch on us: Taco Tuesday
- RSVP: PARCKA@hsc.utah.edu
10th annual Practical Dermatology for Primary Care CME Course
The University of Utah, Department of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine are co-sponsoring the 10th annual ‘Practical Dermatology for Primary Care CME Course’. This will be held on Friday, March 29, 2018, at the University of Utah Health Sciences Education Building, Alumni Hall.
Registration information can also be found at http://PracticalDerm.UofUMedicine.org
SBIRT: Screening Brief Intervention Referral to Treatment
- This is go-at-your-own-pace online course.
- Course is free but if you want CME credit/hours there is a fee of $49.99.
- This course contains a total of 7 modules that include series of video lectures & additional resources on the topic for the interested learners.
- To get the certificate of completion(no fee) or the CME certificate (fee), please be sure to fill out the appropriate form provided at the end of the course.
- Register for the course as student, using the following link:https://utah.instructure.com/login/canvas
Note: Please use an E-mail address as a Username when you register for the class, otherwise you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password assistance.
For more information, please email us at: SBIRT@hsc.utah.edu