Open Chair Positions
The Utah Academy of Physician Assistants (UAPA) is in search of members to chair the following specialty subgroups:
- Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care
The mission of subgroups of the UAPA is to promote:
- Quality, cost-effective, patient-oriented, accessible specialty health care and to promote the professional and personal development of Physician Assistants practicing the specific specialty, and the PA profession in the state of Utah.
- A quality working partnership between the UAPA and the Utah State specialty society/academy/association.
- A quality working partnership between the UAPA and the corresponding national Physician Assistant specialty organization
The purpose of specialty subgroups of the UAPA is to:
- Expand access to specialty health care for the citizens of Utah by promoting quality, cost-effective specialty health care by the PA profession.
- Assist the UAPA to be an informational resource for the people of the State of Utah in matters of medical care and delivery.
- Assist the UAPA to develop, sponsor, and evaluate continuing medical or medically related educational programs for PAs.
- Assist the UAPA to strive for the prevention of disease, the treatment of illness and the improvement of public health.
- Assist the UAPA to support the enactment of appropriate medical and health care legislation.
- Provide effective representation for the members of the UAPA practicing a specific specialty and the profession.
- Assist the UAPA to promote the PA profession through education of healthcare professionals, legislative bodies and the general public.
- Must be a Fellow Member of the UAPA in good standing.
Those interested in learning more may reach out using the “Contact Us” function on the website located in the left-hand menu.
Jonathan Baird MPAS, PA-C, ATC
Utah Academy of Physician Assistants